what just happened?

|
I have said "what just happened?" about a hundred times today. You have GOT to know why. And that is why I'm blogging. Read on, reader...

So the 2nd half of the DTS is a 2 month outreach somewhere in Asia. Our teams are going to Mongolia, Nepal, and Indonesia. Each of the 22 students had to pay $2900 for outreach. But some of the students didn't have the money. So we've been praying, some were fasting, and we've taken up offerings for the past 2 weeks. Two weeks ago, we still needed
$16,526. Money has been trickling in...and many people here have been radically generous. We got almost $3500 just from people here on the base (who, by the way, are either students or live here on support.)

So this morning, the total need was at
$4874.

First of all, how awesome is that?? We saw
$11,000 come in in 2 weeks!!! Incredible!

But today was the most incredible. Today is our last day of lecture phase. The teams leave Sunday and Monday. So it was the last day for money to come in. And let me just tell you what happened today...


First, one guy got $2500 from a friend back home.
Then a check for $1000.
Then one for $300.
Then $500.
Then $200.
Then $373.

Let me do that math for you. That totals $4873.

Remember what we needed this morning? $4874.

Within one dolllar.

What just happened?!?!?!?!

One dollar. Not too shabby of a margin considering we're talking about thousands of dollars here. God is so cool. Ridiculously cool.

I wish you could have seen all the students and staff freaking out. Laughing and cheering and clapping...running to tell anyone who wasn't in the room. It was awesome!!! I wish I could have a picture of that moment.

I have never seen anything like this. I've seen God provide many times, but never in such a dramatic way. This is one of my favorite parts of my job. Since I am the book-keeper for the DTS, I keep track of who has paid what, who owes what and blah blah blah. Not the most fun part. BUT it means I get to see it up close when God provides so radically! How awesome is He!

So I hope you are encouraged by this story of what God did. We may be in a recession, but God is WAY BIGGER than economics. He's good and faithful and constant. He is a good Father and He provides.

7 comments:

carolineb said...

WooHoo! Love it!

amy said...

i just got chills! what a testimony, that is awesome! I love Him! and you!

Kelly said...

Tatum!! that's awesome! Thank you for sharing. God is good!

Jocelyn said...

YESSSS... :)

kurt said...

dude God is so cool!!!! I love hearing that stuff, it is so edifying!!!!

Marie-Claire said...

So awesome! I can't wait to see you in a couple weeks!

Jenelle Penner said...

Isn't that one of the best parts of being dts admin..i had an experience like that too..love it..God is soooo good!!!