Thursday

|
As promised, here is a photo-blog documenting a day in my life here at YWAM Honolulu.

7:00am--Breakfast time. Today was bagels and yogurt. I like bagel mornings.



Sadly, it was raining outside so we couldn't sit at the tables to eat. Most of the students went to eat in our "Tin Cathedral" (where we have lectures and meetings).



All the school staff met in our office for our staff meeting. We meet twice a week in the morning to sort out details of the week and pray for the school. Here we are before our meeting (I couldn't't get everyone in the picture at the same time.)


8:30am--Base-wide Intercession. Usually during this time we focus on a specific country or issue and pray for it. Today was a little different. The first of the month, every base in YWAM prays for the same thing. This month, it was about encouraging ourselves in the Lord (like David did)...so we just spent this time praising God for His goodness and reminding ourselves of His faithfulness. (This is the "Tin Cathedral" where all our meetings take place.)



9:30am--As the students in the DTS gathered in the Tin for Bible Reading time (they're reading through Genesis), I ran to the office and made copies for them for lecture. Then I spent some time at my desk emailing and checking flights for the outreach teams.



10:30am--The DTS students have lecture from 10:30 to 12:30. I try to go when I can, but today was jam packed, so I used this time to clean my room, do laundry and take a shower. And some other random tasks like checking students' shot records, talking with our visiting missionaries, and delivering some mail.

So here's the before and after of the room cleaning. I'm sure you'll notice the new addition to my room...my fabulous brown chair! I found it in storage here and I love it! Its nice to have somewhere to sit and read...or just tie my shoes.




And here is where I did my laundry. (Thrilling, I know. But people like Moms and Dads-and probably Carolines-like to see these sorts of things.)


12:30pm--Lunch time. Look at that line! With 36 DTS Students, 17 DTS Staff, and 30ish Base staff, it takes a few minutes to make it through the food line.



The rain stopped by lunch so we could sit at the tables. Cute, isn't it?





1:30pm--Girls Small Group. Every other Thursday afternoon, all the girl DTS staff meets to talk and pray. Today we went to Starbucks. I love, love, LOVE these girls. They are all incredible. We spent a lot of time talking about deep, real stuff...and praying for each other...and laughing...and taking LOTS of funny pictures. It was a great afternoon.


4:00pm--Back to work! This afternoon, I searched more for flights for outreach, made sign up sheets for emergency contacts and birthdays, and updated the financial records of all the students. Here I am in my little corner of the world where I spend lots of time. (This is in the same office that we had our staff meeting in. I stood on this chair to take that picture up there.)


5:00pm--Dinner time. Pizza bread!! Yummy!!



After dinner, there was an awesome rainbow in the valley! Have I mentioned how much I love living here?



6:30pm--Community Meeting. Every Thursday night, we have a service for everyone on the base and anyone in the community who wants to come. Picture one: worship. Picture two: our fearless leader, Base Director Mike Heath introducing the visiting missionaries and our speaker for tonight.





8:30pm--My friend (and fellow staffer) Raquel and took 2 of our students (Kelsey and Jocelyn) up to the mountain side to this awesome lookout. Its sort of a little tradition we started...McDonald's dollar menu and hang out time while taking in the incredible view of Honolulu. (The big black holes in the first picture are those 3 lovely ladies.)





So that was my busy Thursday! Everyone loved being so thoroughly documented all day long. :) I'm sure you can tell by the facial expressions in all the pictures.

Life isn't this busy everyday. That's one of the great things about this life...everyday is completely different. Wednesday was a full beach day with a few friends--complete with grilled shish kabobs and corn on the cob. It was perfect!

That's all for now. This was a super long post...hope I didn't lose you. I'll try to be more consistent with updates so they won't be as long. Thanks for caring about my life and about what is going on here!



6 comments:

oliviakorum said...

I loved it! you need to blog more often!

Anonymous said...

thats awesome!! I love YWAM! and Honolulu!

carolineb said...

Thanks so much for the visuals! I was wondering where you did your laundry...

Marietta misses you! When even is Christmas gonna get here?

The Adairs said...

looking good tay tay! you really do have a hard life...

A Southern Wedding Belle said...

Tatum - I tagged you for the six quirky things about you - have you done this already? so sorry - see my blog for the rules or just ignore. I love you - Debbie

amy said...

i love the photo day in the life. and i realize i'm a month behind in saying this.

also, about your laundry room. i think there are a couple of things missing, i just can't quite put my finger on it. oh yes...i know...the funnel cake machine and magician.