A lot has happened since that last blog. I'm a list kinda girl, so here's the list of happenings:
1. The whole DTS went to Kona for a week to join with the DTS students there. We had an awesome time. It was cool to connect with other YWAMers and to see another base. It was so different! here are some pictures.
This is at the front of the campus...flags of all the countries represented by the students. (They have hundreds of students on their base...compared to our 33!)

Here are all the DTS groups in lecture. Look how huge their place is! Our speaker for the week was Dan Baumann and Daniel Lehmann led worship. (Check them out. They're both awesome.)

This is the dining room in Kona.
This was our room...SO nice and BIG!

One morning, Me, Katie J, Katie M, and Raquel (that's clockwise) had breakfast with Chris (Katie J's husband) by the ocean. The ocean is right behind that red truck. While we were sitting and chatting, we saw DOLPHINS in the water! It made our day. We watched them for a long time.

2. I turned 27! i had a super fun birthday. We had a rock star karaoke party! Everyone dressed up like a rockstar. I was tiffany. I found this incredible dress at the thrift store and just couldn't pass it up!
Here I am with Jessica Simpson (Mandy) and Paul Stanley (Cary)
Dolly and Tiffany.

Enrique, Dolly, and Madonna working the Karaoke!
Root beer and Dr. Pepper bottles make great mics.

(I wish I had a big group shot, but its on my friend's camera and I haven't gotten it from her yet.)
My sweet friends got me presents...this one was wrapped in toilet paper wrappers and a grocery bag. That's YWAM for you! :) (I was done with the wig by then...but as you can see, Tina Turner and Paula Abdul were still going strong.)

On my real birthday, I went to dinner with Mandy and Cary. We went to a Japanese steakhouse and to Cold Stone! It was a really fun night.

3. Other random happenings include:
Well friends, that's all for now.
- I finished my substitute teacher training course and passed the test! Yay! I have my Saturdays free again...and I can start working soon!
- I've been working A LOT on DTS stuff. Duh, that's my job. But its been really busy since we got back from Kona two weeks ago. The outreach teams leave in 4 weeks! And we still need tickets and visas! So I'm working on those everyday. Trying to find cheap tickets...filling out visa applications...taking, printing, and cutting visa pictures...talking to travel agents...emailing the travel agency in Bangkok...etc. Today was a big day: I purchased tickets for the Cambodia team! It was very exciting.
- I've gotten a few folks here into Georgia football. I didn't think I'd be able to see the games out here...but all but one have been on national TV! Cool, huh? It makes Saturdays so fun. I make good food...food that makes me feel like I'm home (dad's famous biscuits/mom's black bean salsa/grits!). My director/Canadian friend Chris loves NFL so I've introduced him to college football. He lets me watch all the games on his TV and watches with me when he can. He's only watched a couple games with me. Which games? Bama and Florida. Needless to say, I will no longer be watching Georgia football with Chris.
- We're going camping this weekend on the North Shore. Clearly I'm not the biggest "camper" but I'm looking forward to relaxing on the beach. I haven't been to the beach in a month! How ridiculous is that?
Well friends, that's all for now.



5 comments:
Awww, I'm glad you're having so much fun. And staying busy will make the time fly until you are safely back here where we rarely camp. Miss you!
I didn't know you camped Tatum! Do tell! Camping at the beach can be very sandy. And watch out for creepy crawly things from the sea.
Oh - and thanks for the new and newsy post. I love you and miss you too! D
I forgot to say Happy Birthday!! Love the costume!
I'll just say it...
You make a scary rock star
Tatum! girl so good to find you in blogworld! I enjoyed your posts. A good little time of dreaming and remembering hawaii.
Maybe one day the Lord will lead me back! :) who even knows!!
Post a Comment