excuses

|
Dear bleaders,
Greetings from Manoa Valley (do yourself a favor and google pictures of that because its one of the prettiest valleys in the whole wide world).

I'm terribly sorry for the lack of updates. I have many excuses...I will list a few for you.

1. I just got my own computer online again (after a month of being useless). Its annoying to try to write a proper blog on a computer that is not your own. (Apparently I'm a high maintenance blogger.)
2. Life has been rather hectic lately...36 students & 17 staff starting the DTS, community functions, job training, embarrassing/painful-to-watch football games, trips to the beach (its tough but somebody's got to do it)...all of which will be thoroughly discussed in my next post.
3. I was going to document my day today in photos--Mondays are the busiest--but I forgot my camera and even though its only 10am, I've already missed 3 events that need to be properly documented. So consider this a preview (although its a lame one) and look forward to a future "day in the life of" post.
4. Living in a community of 70-something people is not very blog-friendly. I'm not online a whole lot cause I'm always with people. And I LOVE these people!! My friends/family/church in Marietta are freakishly awesome and these fine folks are a close 2nd. About as close as you could get. God is way too good to me-these friendships are way more than I could have hoped for.

Four excuses. I hope they're enough for you. And now that I've promised a future blog, I'll feel guilty until I do it...so it will be sooner rather than later.

Georgia folk, I miss you. And you too, Ghana peeps.

Sincerely yours,
Tatum...the seldom blogger

5 comments:

Chuck and Brynn Morseman said...

I'm so glad to see a post! So, now that I've said something positive... it must also be said... I do not appreciate seeing love only given to Marietta and Ghana peeps... what about those that don't fit in either category? You know how I feel about being left out... :( .... :)

tatum said...

BRYNNIE!! so sorry! i was just sitting in lecture thinking, "i only said marietta folk...i really meant all georgia folk...i need to go change that as soon as i get out of here." so i just signed on to change it and sadly you've already read it! so sorry friend! you know i miss you roommate!

Chuck and Brynn Morseman said...

haha! aahh Tatum.. how I love you.. I hope you know that my comment was made with love - I would say that it was a joke.. but.. well.. we all know I really do hate being left out :) :) :) I appreciate your thoughts AND the change! now maybe I'm the only one who read it, and everyone else is going to wonder what the heck these comments are about, haha! I love you!

Anonymous said...

your awesome!! Im the same. Hope Hawaii is going good!

A Southern Wedding Belle said...

Don't forget those in the desert! I loved your post with all the pictures of where you are. Its good to be able to visualize where you live. Are those phone booths in the outdoor dining area? I thought those went out with the land line. Oh - and I wish you had shown the washers and dryers. I love you and miss you - debbie