2 months.

|
Its been almost 2 months since I blogged. Mostly because I don't feel like I have anything to say. I'm a talker. I talk more than I should...sharing things that people don't want to know. So when I'm done talking, I have nothing left to blog. This is my dilemma. Luckily, the past couple weeks have been pretty awesome and I have some pictures blog about.

First, Hutch Adair arrived in Marietta! (Well his parents came too...) He brought the posse together, which is always a beautiful thing. 5 nights of hanging out at the Drew's house until way past bed time. Laughing. Watching TV. Playing games. Talking. It was fabulous. I felt like I was in high school or college on Christmas break. I even looked at my watch one time and thought "oh no, what time am i supposed to be home?...........OH! right, I'm 26, I don't have a curfew anymore." Here is the photographic evidence. 6 BFF's, one cute offspring, and Grumpy in front of the fire. Precious.



Here's my favorite action shot of the week. Jenny trying to feed Hutch (who is 4 months old) a cookie. (fyi-bad idea.)



There is just something about friends who have known you since childhood. I know that its a huge blessing to have these girls...I'm sad for people who don't have a posse of crazy girls who have been around eachother way too long. But I'm pretty sad for us that we don't live in the same place. Our ratio is pretty good right now though--4 out of 6 ain't bad. If only we had time to see each other.

Awesome event numero dos: Last night, I got to spend hours with my great friends/roommates from college. Its so refreshing to be around people you love and have so much in common with. 3 of the 5 have lived internationally and plan to do it again. How fun is that? AND 2 of the 5 have babies. Unbelievably precious babies. Ones that you can stare at for long periods of time. See?



Two completely different groups of girls. But man I love them all so much. I'm thankful that God put us all together. These are the things I miss when I'm away.

Other than hanging out with some of the coolest people on the planet, my time lately has been spent with middle schoolers. I have loved teaching these past couple months! The school I'm at is phenomenal. I love the kids...the teachers...the administration. I don't think that's normal. But its true. Sadly, since its only a long-term sub job, this is my last week. The teacher that I took over for is returning after Christmas. I'm so sad to be leaving! I wish there was some way I could stay there. I do have a job possibility for January at another school...we'll see what God does.

Speaking of what God does, I love that He does things totally differently than I expect. I fully expected to be in seminary right now. And maybe that will still happen. But God has me here for now. And I like it.

However, living in America is hard. Really hard. How on earth do we live in this culture but not of it? How do we maintain a eternal perspective when we're surrounded by junk and nonsense? How do we not get sucked into the materialism and selfishness and busyness? Man, its a battle. I miss the simplicity of Ghana. I miss the servant mindset that was so encouraged by the culture and our community there. I miss the mindset I had there. I miss the way I analyzed everything in light of Jesus. I got tired of analyzing like that while I was there, but I miss it now. That might not make any sense. I'm leaving it there anyway.

Well thats all I have for now. This was for you, anonymous. And you, Mr. Pinto.

And for the record, I'm a huge Tebow fan. I even cheer for that team of his sometimes now. Only sometimes. Shows you what a good-looking-Jesus-lovin' boy can do.

12 comments:

ManUtd17 said...

Thanks for the shout out.

Kudos on the Tebow admission. What's not to love about the kid? (JM has a secret man-crush on him. I suspect Brad does too. They're just not man enough to admit it!)

We had a Scotland meeting today. Led by your sister. She's a task master. Yikes. What have I gotten myself into? (Just kidding AD.)

Katie B said...

Your friends are so precious.
Thank God for old friends who know you better than you think... and have some pretty awesome 'back in the day' stories of you too, I bet. So fun.

Billy - Scotland 08 is gonna be AWESOME... you won't even know what hit you.

Jenny Fleming said...

good to hear an update. I'm so glad you and the roomies can get together still :)

Melissa said...

Wow- I don't know all of your BFFs, but it sure was sweet to see all the roomies together... how is it possbile that you're not all cute litlle freshmen anymore?! Have a wonderful Christmas!
:-)Face
Just FYI- the security word I have to type in is "sagyazlo." I think I will try and use it in a sentence today.

oliviakorum said...

Tatum! if you miss it here then you should come back! we need you here! Have a great Christmas!

PS: I still have the message on my phone that you sent me last Christmas eve! :D lol

The Adairs said...

I just cried when I read this. I miss you.

Anonymous said...

This was beautiful. Keep reflecting "in the light of Jesus."
*Loreli*

ManUtd17 said...

2 things:

1) For what it's worth, the haircut does not look bad.

2) Thanks for the birthday babysitting offer. You have no idea how appreciative we are for that!

Lcurtright said...

i just read this. our picture turned out well!

i so enjoyed hanging out with you twice lately.

Lcurtright said...

you... maybe should change the title of your blog.

just a thought.




this is a very fun one... oybirge

carolineb said...

New and long blog post needed for exciting life changes.

carolineb said...

B2F3 in 3 days, blog already. And, you didn't RSVP. Does that mean you're not coming?

gnscmv
go nowhere soon cause me visits