for the fans--all 2 of them.

|
So I know I haven't blogged in a really long time. Like months. And since Blog2Face is coming up, I figured I'd write a thing or two. But the reason I don't blog anymore is because I don't have anything interesting to say. So consider that your warning...this probably won't be good. I'll go with bullet points though. I just like them better. Maybe its a Downs thing...the lists and all.

--I'm on Federal Jury Duty for the next 2 weeks. I spent Monday morning in the Richard B. Russell building in downtown Atlanta. I was one of 45 jurors questioned to be on a criminal case. Man am I glad that I didn't get picked. The dudes looked like they were straight off The Soprano's. The judge said the case was gonna take 2 weeks. Yikes. Glad it ain't me. I learned a lot about our court system, so that was fun. We even did the whole "all rise" bit. But I still have to call every night at 5pm to see if I have to go the following day and be questioned for another case.
--In other news, most of y'all know my dad. And you probably know that we like to call him Big Tom Callahan, or BTC for short. My friends started calling him Big Tom when I was in high school, which quickly evolved into Big Tom Callahan out of our love for Tommy Boy. Dad even signs his emails BTC. But now he has a new nickname...Funny Man. Funny Man because he is now one of the South's Funniest Accountants. Seriously. Here he is. There is a competition for the South's Funniest Accountant and he made it to the finals...one of 9 out of 50! The final competition is in October. I can't wait. Until then, he's answering his phone saying "Funny Man here" (and by the way, Funny Man turns 57 tomorrow!)
--Annie's laid up with the tonsil removal business. She's in quite a bit of pain. She takes lots of drugs. She has a little bell next to her bed that she rings when she wants something (like Gatorade {the cure all} or more drugs). Someone asked me today if she says funny stuff on the drugs. I wish she did. But she can't really talk right (its kind of like a whispering frog...the British accent hasn't taken effect yet). And she only talks when absolutely necessary. So no funny drug talk yet. Maybe later in the week we'll get some. Rest assured, I will blog for that occasion.
--H and Amy get back from London on THURSDAY! I haven't seen Amy since I was in Ghana, so I'm pretty pumped for their return!! (And I get to see her cute nephews Thursday too!)

For my friends in Ghana, sorry I'm not better at updating. Here's the quick life update: I'm staying home for a year, saving money to pay for seminary (that I'll hopefully start next fall). After these 2 weeks of Jury Duty, I hope to get a long-term substitute teaching job. Until then, I seem to be developing a career as a house sitter. It's a pretty sweet gig.
There you go, bliends. Hope you enjoyed the peer pressure inspired blog post.

Current music: the random song on matt's blog
Current drink: cherry juice mixed with limeade. good decision.
Current procrastination: finishing the Beth Moore Bible study for tonight

10 comments:

Jenny Fleming said...

BTC... that's funny.

carolineb said...

Ok, so I had to go to Billy's blog to find out that you had blogged. I can't believe your dad is going through with it, can we go?! I'll miss b2f because JennieB invited me to go on her business trip to NYC...for FREE! Make sure nobody talks about me. Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean that everyone's not out to get you...

ManUtd17 said...

Tatum -- calling people out works. Shake the trees and watch the ripe fruit fall. Welcome back to the blogosphere. Your ticket can now be punched for b2f on Monday.

Rest assured, you will be discussed cbed. You might as well have a good reason for your paranoia. Have fun in NYC.

What is the Downs' women's obsession with these word verifications? fxuoqm?

brad said...

Tatum, you have worked yourself off of double secret probation. We look forward to seeing you Monday night.

Caroline...I am at a loss here. Billy is right, you will be discussed and I cannot guarantee that I won't make everybody pinkie swear total secrecy over what is said.

Have a great trip and we'll do another b2f soon...maybe quarterly?

Anonymous said...

Potatoes!

Bekah said...

Dang talk about taking a break from blogging! You and B are in the same pit, yet she has not yet returned to this blogdom... you should encourage her.

Caroline said...

bet you didn't know i had a blog.... and you crack me up by the way. :D love you.

ManUtd17 said...

Ligler says you're "quotable."

Prove it.

Anonymous said...

They found 50 funny accountants?

Your fans thank you for the update.

Happy Birthday!

Bekah said...

How come we never had a b-day party together? Thats just sad.