There is a market here at the Tete Quarshie round-about. We go there to get fabric, carvings, drums, art...pretty much any souvenir or gift. I've become friends with a couple of the shop owners there. One of my friends is called Charity. She works at the fabric shop (where i got the cloth for my mom's Ghanaian outfit that you can see in yesterday's post). She has a little boy named Prosper. He's 1 year 9 months and he's so cute! He didn't want to have anything to do with me at first, but now we're friends. :) I stopped by on Sunday and saw that Prosper had a sad looking sore on his chin. So I talked to Charity and said I would return the next day with some ointment. Also, as you can see from the pictures, Prosper is pretty small for his age. So I also got him some "weenie mix" which is pack full of protein and carbs to help little kids grow. When I went back on Monday, I took my friends Tonya and Dierdre (the 2 girls that came for 3 weeks and who ministered at both retreats). We went straight to see Charity and Prosper. I gave her the ointment and the mix. And then we asked if we could pray for Prosper. So the 3 of us laid hands on him as she held him and prayed. Tonya prayed the greatest stuff over him...for him to grow strong, for his appetite to increase, for his wound to heal, and most of all, for him to grow into the great man that God has made him to be. It is no coincidence that his name is PROSPER. I think we often forget how important name meanings are. If you look in the Bible, you see that peoples names really defined who they were. And we are believing that for Prosper! So I am looking forward to growing in friendship with his mom, Charity, and with Prosper...and I pray that God will use me to minister to both of them and that they will know more of who God is and who He has created them to be. I am so grateful to have the opportunity to minister to both of them. I think we often take for granted that God chooses to use us in other peoples lives. What an honor and privilege!


8 comments:
T!!!!!
Straight up, you are a diva.
Prosper is adorable and I will definitely pray for him and his mom. ... particularly for the effectiveness of the weenie mix.
ps -- I always get the word-verif-spam-check-thing wrong the first time.
So what if these pictures make me miss Ghana. Gah.
And H, if you have problems, click the little symbol beside the word box. It should help.
I feel really bad about that last comment to Heather. My apologies.
I'm just glad I'm not the only one that has trouble in the word verification department...
I think it gives a second one on purpose.
I just think we're all really special.
y'all are hilarious having a full on conversation through comments.
Post a Comment