my latest mass email

|
in case you missed it...or if you just want to read it over and over again

So I’ve been here for two months now. And in the past 2 months, I’ve seen so much of our God’s faithfulness. He has provided for me in so many ways! He stirred your hearts and led you to partner with me and support me this year (which still blows my mind!). He’s given me an AWESOME friend at home who is taking care of all my money stuff, a fabulous supportive family, and SO many encouraging friends. And He has provided wonderful friends here in Ghana! I am so thankful for His faithfulness! I know I don’t deserve it, it’s only by his grace and love for me. Man, that blows me away. He is so good!

One of the things I have been learning since I’ve been here is that “ministry” can look a million different ways. In my life here at the Mozley house, there are rarely two days that look the same. I definitely have to fight off the lies that say since I’m not working in the slums or an orphanage that I’m not really ministering here. But Claire and Michael are so good about encouraging me and letting me know how much they appreciate what I do, even if the task seems menial to me. My dear friend Margaret and I were talking this week about “ministry” and how ministry is really just living your life and loving Jesus. And it’s so true! And right now, for me, that “life” is serving the Mozley family in whatever way they need me to. (Don’t get me wrong though, I haven’t yet developed the best servant attitude as I’m sure Michael would be quick to mention and joke about.)

So, here is the big news. God has opened up a new way for me to serve here in Ghana. A new Christian school just opened here this week…it’s an international school using American curriculum. It’s a part of NICS--the Network of International Christian Schools (www.nics.org). And they need a middle school teacher. They have been desperate to fill that position since before I arrived here in Accra. (I even posted a blog about their need for teachers here.) The person filling in for the middle school position is only here for another 2 weeks. So we all prayed a lot and discussed what to do. With Michael and Claire’s blessing and encouragement, I’ve committed to teach until December. The Mozleys (and many other families here) are very committed to this school and to seeing it grow into a world-changing ministry. I am excited to be a part of it! Michael and I have gotten “life” pretty well organized, and we think we’ll be able to juggle it all (with the help of Claire and the lovely Margaret Buell!). I’ll still get to travel with the short term team that is coming in October (and help organize and prepare for them.) So God is teaching me about the necessity of flexibility in missionary life…really in the life of a believer. Claire always says that we are putty in the hands of the Lord. It’s a good thing to learn! J I start teaching September 25…two weeks from today!

I need your prayers! Although I’m technically a certified teacher, I’ve never taught middle schoolers…I’ve only ever taught home ec. to high school students with a supervising teacher in the room. So this will be an adventure! I’ll spend the next 2 weeks tying up loose ends for Michael and planning for classes. Ah! I can’t believe this is real! God is so funny! :) Barry, the project manager with NICS, and I were saying today that it’s great to feel overwhelmed in life and ministry because that is when we have to rely on God. And that is exactly where I am. I know that I’m incapable of doing this job, but I also know that my God is so faithful and will continue to provide and equip me to do what He’s called me to do! Praise Him!

As always, please email me if you have any questions or comments. And keep checking my blog for updates on ministry and life. It’s been a couple weeks since I updated, but I have a ton of stuff waiting to be posted.

I appreciate y’all so much! You’re support and encouragement is priceless!

0 comments: