First Day of School!

|
Here is where the magic happens.










This is my beautiful classroom. As you can see, the kids left all their stuff in my room when they went to music this afternoon. And that's my 'desk' in the bottom left corner of the picture.

So today was day one! And it went so well. I really don't know how it could have gone better. I was calm and peaceful all day (by God's grace!). I like the kids a lot, and I like what I'm teaching. I start off the day teaching Bible to the 7th and 8th graders (my largest class-9 students). Then I have 2 planning periods (but during one I'm the supervisor for a study hall). And then I teach world history to the 10th and 11th grades (2 girls...great class). The next class is 7th grade history. They've been studying Islam for the past couple weeks and they loved learning about it, so we're going through the "30 Days of Prayer for the Muslim World" at the beginning of class. After that class, I teach geography to the 8th and 9th graders. And my final class of the day is home ec. with the 7th and 8th graders. I'm so excited about all of it!

I am especially excited about Bible class because we're doing inductive Bible study which I love! I'm also (logically) excited about home ec. I let the students pick today which aspects they would want to learn and they picked fun ones! Cooking, food in different cultures, food safety, interior design and housing technologies. So I'm excited. It's going to be a good 3 months!

Thank you so much for your prayers today!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear it went well today! Sounds like you have a diverse curriculum to teach. I will keep praying for you!

amy said...

That is one good looking classroom!

The Adairs said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Adairs said...

Tay it looks great!!! You are going to be wonderful teacher!

Gina said...

Hey, Tatum- I'm Gina, a friend of Pam's, and she forwarded your recent email update to our group so we could keep up with you in Ghana.
Interestingly enough, my brother and his wife just returned from serving at a NICS school in Seoul. Small world!
Our blessings and prayers are with you!

carolineb said...

I've seen you teach cooking. Look out Ghana, this girl is not playing around. Want the peanut brittle recipe? Remember not to make fun of the kids while they cook, that is my job. I miss you! Come over to GG tonight.