I have an abundance of things to be thankful for this year. More than I can write about. God has been so very good to me. I'm confident that 2009 will go down in my journals as one of the best...if not THE best year so far.
Let's start with my cute family. Oh my family. I have never been so thankful for them as I have been this past year.
And my sisters. Oh those two. I am so thankful for 2 vastly different, equally fantastic sisters. I have grown more and more thankful for my sisters over the years. Both of them are hilarious and ridiculous and wonderful. I make a lot of phone calls to these 2 from out here in the Pacific. I call them to talk about stupid/funny things...or to tell them something that I'd be too embarrassed to say to anyone else...or to laugh about something that only they would get. And then I call them when I'm really sad or afraid...when I've had a terrible day...usually these calls involve tears. And its during these calls that they are checking flights to see how soon they
can get to me. Cause that's how good they are. (At this point I have to talk them down from spending hundreds of dollars [that they don't have!] just to fix my bad day.) When we were younger, people would ALWAYS tell us that we would be "such good friends" when we grew up. Honestly, I had my doubts. (You probably did too if you knew us...particularly us older two, cause that little one is quite the angel.) But it is so true. I love my sisters. They are indeed my dear friends. And I am ever-so thankful for them.I am thankful for my home. I have always adored my home. Georgia is one of the finest places on earth...the people there are what make it so. Living so far away has made me keenly aware of how blessed I have been to grow up in such a place. The kind of relationships and community I have at home is rare. I think it's the depth of commitment to one another and sacrificial love. And I'm not just talking about one small group of people...I'm talking about multiple big groups of people who are really good at loving each other. And I get to know them! So to all my dear friends from Georgia, I am thankful for YOU! Thank you for being my friends, my community, my encouragement. I am beyond blessed to have you as a part of my life.
I am thankful for my life. I live in paradise and work in ministry. Double whammy. Not only is Hawaii a glorious place to live, but YWAM Honolulu is an extraordinary community of people for whom I am so thankful. I live, work, minister, play and chill with some of the coolest people that I know. All for the purpose of knowing God more and making Him known in the nations. Amen.
And lastly, I am exceedingly thankful for what the Lord has done for me personally this year. I have experienced God in ways that I never dreamed I would.
He has opened my eyes and my heart to understand Him more.
He has healed wounds from my past that I just thought would just always hurt.
He has shown me just how much He loves me in meaningful ways that speak straight to my heart. And how He truly always has loved me and always will. His love is SO good!!
He has taught me so much about prayer (which makes me realize that I have so much more to learn!)
He has provided everything I need and more...which has been a thrill to experience-especially when I got down to under $30. He is a good Father and He has taken care of me.
He has given me a greater desire to know Him more...to know this God that created the universe and loves me deeply.
He carried me through a really hard season...one where I sometimes wanted to just cut and run...but God in His faithfulness held me close and comforted me.
There are more...too many to list...because He is indescribably good.
How could I not be thankful???? Each of these paragraphs has literally brought tears to my eyes. If this is what life with Jesus is like on this Earth, what will it be like when we can see Him clearly and know Him fully!!! Oh I am so thankful for my Savior.
I pray that you are blessed abundantly as you recall what you are thankful for this week.

2 comments:
You've had a very italicized year. I loved that part where you came home for B's wedding. And Ma's funeral. And when I say home, I just mean Marietta. You know where/who home really is. I love you so.
i love you sister. and am very thankful for you too!
Post a Comment