The Past 2 Months

|

A lot has happened in the past two months. I'll try to tell you week by week...

3 weeks in December: I flew home and had an incredibly awesome time there. Being home was EXACTLY what I needed. It was so good to spend time with the fam, my amazing friends, eat good mexican food and chickfila, go to RiverStone, and sleep in a big bed with lots of covers. There is just not a lot about home that I don't LOVE. 

For your viewing pleasure, 3 cute sisters in Christmas pajamas:

One of the highlights of my time at home was a wedding! My college roommate Stephanie got married to a great boy named Andy. It was so fun spending the weekend with my sweet college roommates. Here is a cute picture of us from the wedding. What a beautiful bride!!

 

1st week of January: I came back to Hawaii a couple days before New Years Eve. And I'm going to be honest about this, it wasn't easy coming back. We've had some hard stuff hit us over here...the hardest is that our leaders, Chris and Katie, have left because of a family crisis. This has been a really tough thing for all of us here. We love them so much and miss them being here. And it stinks because they are both hurting. So that has been really hard getting used to running the DTS without them…and just living life without them. Please pray for them and for us.

2nd week of January: All of our new students arrived! We have 16 girls, 4 boys, and one awesome married couple. And they are all incredible. 

3rd week of January: The DTS Staff all volunteered at the Sony Open Golf Tournament. It was a long week, but it was really fun. We got passes for the whole week to watch golf which was definitely the highlight. And we made lots of tips!

Also during this week, the students decided where they will go on outreach. They had three choices: Mongolia, Indonesia, and Nepal. This is always really fun and exciting. They hear the options, go pray about it, then come tell us where they feel like God is leading them. It worked out beautifully.

4th week of January: Our speaker in the DTS this week, Keith Martens, taught on spiritual authority and freedom in Christ. It was a powerful week for students and staff. Personally, I had some awesome breakthrough during a prayer time with Keith and my awesome friends Cary and Mandy. God is so good!

Here is a picture of the entire school with Keith and his ministry team. (Its the only picture I have of the whole school so far.)

 

1st week of February: All of the outreach teams from the September DTS return home!! We got 3 of the 4 teams home without any issues. But our poor Kyrgyzstan team was stuck for a week because of the snow in London. They were disappointed, but they’ll be home today. It has been cool to see God take care of them this last week. Even last night in the LA airport, 2 of them were going to have to pay over $300 each for their new flight home (since they missed their original flight). I was on the phone with the airline for hours and they wouldn’t budge. Then all the sudden, they said it would be $75…I have no clue what happened, but I know that Jesus intervened and made it happen. J I LOVE seeing Him provide like that! Definitely one of my favorite parts of my job.

Next week we head to Kona for this quarter’s corporate DTS week. The speakers are from Bethel Church in California…so it should be pretty amazing! 

2 comments:

Pamela said...

hey girlie! thanks for the shoutout :) and thanks for the update....you've had a lot going on since you got back to hawaii. hope we can catch up soon. keep posting when you get the chance...i like the fast summaries with pics like this one.

Jocelyn said...

Tatum I miss you!!!!
Love you beautiful friend...