the past couple weeks

|
Woah, it has been a busy couple weeks! Sorry for the lack of blogging.

Sally and I were accompanied by my dear friend, Lori, on our trip up to Obuasi. Everything went quite smoothly dropping Sally off. Lori did a great blog about it. Read it! And although it hasn't been easy, Sally has been having a great time at the orphanage. She's still there, and now there is a team from RiverStone there with her. She's loving it! She'll come home with the team on Monday.

The RiverStone team spent the first part of the week in Kumasi. Claire was there with them being hostess with the mostess. That means that I've been at home being "mom" to the 3 Mozley kids, 2 visitors (Ryan and Caroline), and 2 Mission Society kids whose parents are out of town. I'll do the math for you: that's 7 kids. It's been crazy. Making meals, taking care of sick ones, making sure they're all where they are supposed to be, making sure they're studying for finals. Crazy. But, praise the Lord, Claire came home last night. :) So now my mommy duties are done for good...bittersweet.

The Mozleys leave next Thursday for America! Less than a week! They're all getting excited to see people and eat Chickfila. After they leave, we'll relax for a couple days, then we're heading out on a 9 day tour of Ghana...visiting missionaries and ministries all over the country. It will be so much fun! I'm sure we'll all blog about that.

I arrive in Georgia 3 weeks from today. It's hard to believe. I'm not looking forward to saying goodbyes here, but I am looking forward to being home. Being with family and friends, relaxing, and figuring out my next step. Week one in America will be spent with my family at Lake Burton and I can't wait!!! Then I get to see a bunch of UGA friends at my old roommate's wedding. Then I get to chill in Marietta for quite a while. It will be a good summer indeed.

8 comments:

jenny said...

And coming to see me...hopefully at the beach!!!!!!! Love you, can't wait to see you!

Jenny Fleming said...

Are you going to Erin and Amy's wedding?

Anonymous said...

I'm sure there are tons upon tons of people who will be happy to have you home.
But I'm sad. You've been a great friend to me. God-given. When you leave, I'm tempted to pretend you haven't really gone, but we just can't find a mutually convenient date to get together.
Anyway, I'll be home in August, 2008 for at least a year. That's plenty of time to save up for a trip to Ontario. ;)

AnnieBlogs said...

I'm not sure you're used to this, but it's getting pretty hot here. Consider yourself warned.

h. said...

we're gonna throw down at 420 fleetwood babyyyyy!!
nothing but LOVE. (and bean).

carolineb said...

Come get in a pile on my sofa.

Katie B said...

Yipee!!!
We have lots to catch up on, sista.
GET READY...

The Adairs said...

this is still africa. you should know better. nothing here is easy.