|
Happy Thanksgiving!!

First of all, to my sweet friends all over the world who are without their families today (H., Elaine, Stephanie, Mal, MM and James, all my friends here, and my dear YWAMers) I'm praying that God will bless you abundantly today!!

Why is it that it's so much harder to be away from home and family on holidays? I mean really, it's just another day. But still, anytime I've thought about it this week I've gotten so sad. Even watching dumb ol' Charlie Brown's Thanksgiving made me sad. Seriously, that's ridiculous.

But I'm not dying over here, that's for sure! We've got 2 fun Thanksgiving dinners to look forward to--today and Saturday. Complete with turkey (so hard to find here!), dressing (my speciality to be served Saturday...modified however, considering the lack of celery in Ghana...I'll let you know how it goes), casseroles, homemade bread, and pies! And I'm sure much more. Yummy!

This morning, we went to an American Thanksgiving service at an international church. They had a Ghanaian kids choir perform a couple songs...they were so cute! And as I was sitting there watching them sing and thinking about how stinkin' cute these kids are and thinking that I wouldn't want to miss that. I love the way these people sing and dance and I love how cute these kids are. God used that little choir this morning to encourage me. Thanks Lord.

And let me take this opportunity to be cheesy and say that I truly am thankful for all of you. To my family: you're the greatestest! I love you so much and I'm so thankful for you! You have loved me and sacrificed so much for me...you are just wonderful wonderful as Ma would say. And I miss you lots and lots. Everyone hug eachother today and pretend its a hug from me. :)
To my friends: you know I love you! I can't imagine who I would be without y'all. You have taught and encouraged me and loved me and I'm so grateful for you!

I'm so thankful that God has me here right now. I know He has a purpose here--things to teach me and ways to use me and I'm grateful for that. And for the wonderful Mozley family who loves me as their own...it is such a blessing living with them and being a part of their lives and ministry. God has been so good to me to allow me to be here.

Well I'm off to go help Claire make some pies. :) I hope you all have fantastic days full of wonderful food and loving family and friends!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your very own family is coming to see you so soon! I know you can't wait to see their faces. I'm proud of you, Tatum. And so thankful that you're a missionary for Christ's sake! Tell the Mo's I said hallow. And tell Anna that I'm learning how funny her friend MC really is. That girl is funny.

Anonymous said...

thanks! I was sick of the green.
Happy thanksgiving!!!!! Luh you, gerl.

Anonymous said...

awww so nice of you to be thinking of me over thanksgiving. that blessed my heart. love you!